LEWISTON, Maine -- The Bates men's and women's swimming and diving teams both more than doubled visiting Trinity College's team scores in a sweep of the NESCAC rival Bantams Sunday at Tarbell Pool.
The Bates women won all 14 races and outscored Trinity 206-94, while the Bates men won 11 out of 14 races in a 201-79 win.
Bates hosted its second meet in as many days after sweeping Wesleyan on Saturday; Trinity last competed Nov. 16 at Hamilton.
"Day two of racing was difficult," said Bates head coach Peter Casares. "They may have felt the effects of yesterday's meets, but nearly all of them fought until the very end... doing their best, and training their body for that championship meet experience. It was great to walk away with two more wins for the college, and see the team really proud of the work they put in this first training block."
- First-year Nathan Berry (Augusta, Maine) won the 50 backstroke (24.21) and the 100 backstroke (53.86).
- First-year Nate Sommer (Terre Haute, Ind.) won the 50 breaststroke (28.44) and the 100 breaststroke (1:00.77).
- Sophomore Chris Draper (Armonk, N.Y.) won the 200 freestyle (1:48.47)
- First-year Edmond Giang (Wayland, Mass.) won the 100 butterfly in 53.73
- Junior Aki George-Taylor (Lagos, Nigeria) won the 50 freestyle (22.26).
- Senior Tanner Fuller (Wellington, Fla.) won the 100 freestyle (48.70).
- Sophomore Andrew Hall (Little Silver, N.J.) won the 100-yard individual medley (56.07).
- Berry, first-year John Marcolina (Mystic, Conn.), Draper and Fuller won the 200 freestyle relay (1:26.93).
- Berry, Sommer, first-year Tristan Depew (Santa Barbara, Calif.) and Marcolina won the 200 medley relay (1:37.44).
- Sophomore diver Sam Poulos (Shaker Heights, Ohio) competed unopposed, scoring 162.08 points at 1 meter and 164.92 at 3 meters.
- First-year Abigail Gibbons (Westtown, N.Y.) won the 50 freestyle (25.13), the 100-yard breaststroke (1:08.03) and the 100-yard individual medley (1:01.67).
- First-year Gabby Smart (Clinton, Mont.) won the 1,000-yard freestyle (10:40.42) and the 100-yard backstroke (58.73).
- Sophomore Maya Reynoso Williams (Somerville, Mass.) won the 200 freestyle (1:57.53) and the 500 freestyle (5:20.16).
- Senior Janika Ho (Los Angeles, Calif.) won the 50-yard backstroke (27.74)
- Senior Emmy Daigle (Portland, Ore.) won the 50 breaststroke (32.36)
- Sophomore Saskia Wong-Smith (Los Angeles, Calif.) won the 100 butterfly (1:01.84).
- First-year Sophia Ham (Falmouth, Maine) won the 1-meter diving competition with 186.53 points.
- Sophomore Caroline Sweeney (New Canaan, Conn.) won the 100 freestyle (54.94).
- Sophomore Isabel Mohammadi-Hall (Saratoga, Calif.) won the 50 butterfly (27.64).
- First-year Megan Strynar (Lexington, S.C.), Mohammadi-Hall, Reynoso Williams, and sophomore Suzy Ryckman (Riverside, Conn.) won the 200-yard freestyle relay (1:40.71).
- Senior Hannah Johnson (Brewster, Mass.), Gibbons, Mohammadi-Hall and Ho won the 200-yard medley relay (1:51.95).
Bates will compete at the Maine State Meet at Bowdoin Dec. 6-7.